ICET 2021 Theme:
“Empowering Education & Classroom Experience in the Post-covid World.”
All sides of educational operations are longing for pre-pandemic normals of education. Although it is an expected and understandable motive after a challenging period for all stakeholders of education, it seems that nothing would be the same in post-pandemic classroom experience. Now it is time for all educators and educational institutions to maintain and adapt the lessons learnt from these difficult times to better educational services and provisions so that education rises stronger from this crisis.
This crisis taught us once again that the learner and learning are at the centre of educational provisions, and there are and should be various ways and tools to reach individual learners. Post-pandemic classroom should definitely be endorsed with rich interactive patterns through digital and hands-on activities that take teaching away from teacher-centred lecturing to a student-centred interactive process.
The crisis also emphasized once again the importance of effective educational leadership and teacher professional development. We believe that these challenging times underlined the fact that teachers are and should be lifelong learners who can adapt to changes and requirements in the new world.
ICET 2021 will explore opportunities and perspectives for teacher professional development and educational leadership that will contribute to ongoing progress in education in the Post-covid World.
ICET presentations are supposed to focus on education and teaching in K-12 contexts.Presentations should aim at two main objectives:
- to improve the learning experience in the classroom
- to help teachers and school leaders broaden their experiences
Categories:Presentations in ICET should be under four category options:
- Online Education and Educational Technology
- Educational Leadership
- International Education
- Character Education
Languages:Presentations in ICET can be delivered in three language options:
Duration:Duration for each seminar is 50 minutes in total:
- 40 minutes for presentation
- 10 minutes for questions (QA session)
Speaker Registration Form
Speakers(presenters) complete a registration form from the ICET web page. The registration form includes contact information of the presenter, seminar topic, abstract, and presenter’s headshot photograph.
Once you complete the registration form and upload your abstract, the Academic Committee will contact you about approval and further instructions.
Speakers are supposed to provide the abstract of their presentations in the Speaker Registration Form. Abstracts should be 150 words minimum and 200 words maximum.
Virtual Presentations:Virtual presentations provide a great opportunity to engage with the audience and present seminars in the event that you are not able to physically attend. Such presentations enable you to present live with the help of technological solutions and utilities. During a virtual presentation, the speaker shares his/her screen, and a live video of the speaker also appears for the audience.
- Presentations must be prepared in the provided ICET template.
- Presentations must be sent for the review of the ICET Academic Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline provided.
- An assigned moderator of ICET will be available in each session to:
- assist you in QA sessions by keeping an eye on the chatbox for the participant questions and answers
- provide technical assistance and troubleshooting
- to assist in interactive patterns in your presentation
To make sure your virtual presentation goes smoothly, you are required to:
- Be online and available 15 minutes before the presentation,
- Have a reliable and fast internet connection,
- Test your microphone and video camera,
- Test your slides and make sure they run smoothly with all content, visuals, animations and videos if available
- Have a non-distracting environment around you during the presentation. The room you are using should be both quiet and the background used as plain as possible.
Authoring and CopyrightSpeakers must abide by the following terms and conditions regarding authoring and copyright:
- Speakers must cite any sources used in the content. ICET is not liable for copyright matters caused by the trainers.
- Submitting the abstract and presentation for the publication to ICET Conference; the speaker confirms, acknowledges and agrees expressly to the terms and conditions of the copyright agreement that prevails and is binding to the contributing author(s). The agreement covers the following terms and conditions:
- ICET Organizing Committee shall be able to use
- the abstract
- presenter’s photo
- presenter’s name and title
- conference video recordings
20 March 2021: Speaker Registration Form: Abstract submission is due
3 to 5 Work Days: Authors of the selected abstracts are notified
20 April 2021: Final presentation submission is due
10 May 2021: Participant Registration closes