3rd International Conference on Education & Teaching in K-12 Schools (ICET)
“Learning Opportunities For All”
About ICET London 2023
March 17, 2023
ICET London is the final round before the main event of The International Conference on Education & Teaching in K-12 Schools (ICET).
ICET London intends to bring together educational decision makers and community leaders of Iraq and KRI with leading British educational experts and institutions to discuss the solutions for the educational needs within ICET categories.
ICET London 2023 is being organized for the first time in 2023.
An exclusive group of community leaders and educational authorities from Iraq and KRI come together at ICET London with academicians, educational experts, and educational investors from the UK:
- To exchange ideas and experiences to work towards solutions within ICET categories
- To explore new opportunities and perspectives for teacher professional development and educational leadership
- To discuss the factors behind the educational issues and challenges to hinder the educational goals that ICET promotes
- To explore the possible solutions to the needs and challenges within ICET categories
- To establish partnerships that will give birth to the projects to enhance the quality of education in Iraq and KRI
- Educational authorities and community leaders from Iraq and KRI
- Educational experts from the UK and international community
- Academicians specialized in education
- Teacher trainers
- Educational investors
ICET 2023 Theme:
“Exploring education that can nurture and appeal to Generation Z and Alpha.”
Today’s K12 schools serve to the two brand new generations who have been born to a totally new, globalized, digitized world: Generation Z and Alpha.
Schools are now places where digital natives -who are able to virtually travel the world and access massive amounts of information easily- are to commute to and spend time every day. The question is “Are the schools ready to keep up with these new generations?”
Generation Z refers to the generation that was born between 1997-2012 and has been raised with a natural access to portable digital technology, the internet and social media.
Generation Alpha -born between 2010 and 2025- is the brand new generation that are to mark a new digital age, given how quickly and exponentially technology advances.
Schools are now have the mission and must have the vision to satisfy the needs and expectations of these generations who are technologically competent, pragmatic entrepreneurs, easily distracted, and independent learners -who like doing things the unconventional way. It is crystal-clear that old school teaching approaches that entail the teacher is more active than the students and the only source of information are outdated in the new world of education.
These generations have a great access to all sort of information; and thus, they aren’t interested in simply showing up for class, sitting through a lecture, and taking notes that they’ll memorize for an exam later on. Instead, they expect to be fully engaged and to be a part of the learning process themselves. It is high time for teachers and educators now to evolve from lecturers to facilitators of learning in interactive classrooms designed for personalized learning.
ICET 2023 invites educational experts, educators, trainers, educational policy makers, and community leaders from the national and international community to reflect together on the new approaches on schooling, curriculum development, and professional development to nurture and appeal to Generation Z and Alpha.
ICET 2023 will explore opportunities and perspectives for teacher professional development and educational leadership that will open new horizons and help schools and educators to be well prepared for the challenges this evolution may bring.
ICET 2023 presentations are supposed to focus on education and teaching in
Presentations should aim at three main objectives:
to improve the learning experience in the classroom
to help teachers and school leaders broaden their experiences
to encourage program and curriculum developers to include real-life competencies in their teaching and learning approaches
Presentations in ICET 2023 should be under the following category options:
- Digital Literacy & Technology Education
- Employability & 21st Century Skills
- Creativity at Schools
- Learner Autonomy & Self-directed Learning
- Teachers as Coaches of Learning
- Interactive Classrooms
- Hands-on Learning
- Project-based Learning
- Student Engagement
- Inclusivity in Teaching and Education
- Climate & Environmental Awareness
- Customized & Personalized Learning
- School Leadership
- Teacher Professional Development
- Character Education
- Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health