on Education & Teaching in K-12 Schools (ICET)
“Learning Opportunities For All”
About the Conference
The International Conference on Education & Teaching in K-12 Schools (ICET) is a joint educational event organized by Stirling Schools, Cambridge University Press, City & Guilds, GEMS Education and UK Teachers Academy.
It intends to promote education and contribute to the development of the schools and teachers’ professional development in Iraq and KRI.
ICET brings together teacher trainers, educational experts, and community leaders from the national and international community.
Presentations in ICET are delivered in three languages: English, Arabic and Kurdish.
ICET is being organized for the second time in 2022.
The ICET has been aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals-Goal 4 and UNESCO Education 2030 Framework for Action UNESCO 4.C.
UN Sustainable Development Goals-Goal 4:
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
By 2030, substantially increase the supply of qualified teachers, including through international cooperation for teacher training in developing countries, especially the least developed countries and small island developing States.
May 8-9 2022
ICET 2022 is a virtual event that brings together speakers and audiences from various locations. Presentations will be delivered virtually on the video conference platform.
ICET 2022 Theme:
“Empowering Schools in Preparing Students with Real Life Skills”
Education is a social institution that is responsible for equipping generations with basic academic knowledge, learning skills, and cultural norms. That is, we assess the quality of educational systems and institutions by the competencies they develop in the learners to excel in the global society.
As the flagship institutions of education, schools are deemed responsible to prepare students with real life skills. But, how competent are schools and today’s schooling in raising students with the capabilities to face the real life challenges and expectations?
ICET 2022 invites educational experts, educators, trainers, educational policy makers, and community leaders from the national and international community to reflect together on this inevitable question in schooling, curriculum development, and professional development.
ICET 2022 will explore opportunities and perspectives for teacher professional development and educational leadership that will empower students through instilling problem solving skills and real life competencies in them.
Who should attend:
This conference will primarily be of interest to:
● those in teaching and leadership positions in public and private schools and colleges
● candidate teachers and aspiring educational leaders
● those with an interest in international education, teacher professional development and educational leadership
● Ministry or government representatives tasked with improving the educational services of the community
Teacher trainers, educational experts, and community leaders from the national and international community will be at ICET 2022
● To explore new opportunities and perspectives to improve the learning experience in the classroom
● To raise awareness for institutional and professional development in education
● To help teachers and school leaders broaden their experiences
● To offer networking opportunities for all those attending the event – trainers, academicians, community leaders, and representatives of for-and non-profit organizations as well as government officials
● To provide a shared platform for diverse opinions in order to adapt educational services to the needs of a new era
How to Register:
You can register for the conference with the online registration form on the conference website from the link below: